My own experience with diet plans...

February 10, 2020
Hi my little Chickpeas!



Yes we are trying a new greeting, I quite like it. What do you all think? Let me know in the comments. If I keep using it, it may go to YouTube too!

I wanted to write a post all about my experiences with dieting, we have all done it right? Let's be real, diets are everywhere, especially this time of year. I always watch the programme called 'How to lose weight well' and I think it is quite a good programme, and it defiantly gets me motivated to get back on it. But what about different types of diets? There are so many out there. Let us take a look at some of my past experiences: 

Slimming World: This is a very popular plan, which a lot of people like to use. It seems pretty easy to be honest, but small details also seem to make it not really make any sense. I am in no way trying to either promote, nor talk down to this way of living, this is just my own opinion based on my own experience. This plan was founded in 1969 by a lady called Margret Miles-Bramwell. To this day, she still remains a massive part of the company. I went on this plan for the first time when I was around the age of 19. I weighed at the start at 11st 4lbs. For the first six to seven months, I continued to lose the weight, and got to almost 9.5st. I was really happy at the time. Eventually, due to work commitments, I was no longer able to get to the classes. I thought to myself:

 "I know what I am doing, I can keep this going on my own. I can also weigh myself once a week from home."  

Feels like famous last words (as people say), it did not work for me after that at all. Eventually, I put all the weight back on (and then some) and I felt so low. My boyfriend (now fiancee) talked about the possibility of me going back. He said about how much it worked for me the last time I was there. Sadly, that was not the case. I kind of went backwards and forwards trying to be able to get this plan to work for me. Maybe it is not the right diet for me? 

Weight Watchers: As like Slimming World, I am not being awful about the brand in any way, this is again based on my own experience. I started going to Weight Watchers as I thought to myself:

"This is something slightly different to Slimming World, and at one point, I was successful. Maybe I can be successful in this too?"

This was similar in the way that you had to track with points instead of syns, you would get so many in a day. You also go to a group once a week to talk about how your week was. I went to one near my University as it was easier at the time. I felt that this just was not working for me either. I feel now, looking back, that neither of these plans were for me.

Trying things my own way: I have also just tried to do things on my own way, which so far, has been the one thing that seems to be working at the moment for me. I went Vegan over a year ago, and although going Vegan was not a way I wanted to lose weight with, it has helped. I feel like to doing it my own way, has also taken a lot of the pressure off myself, which has also helped too.


xx


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.