Happy 50th Earth Day!

Hi my Little Chickpeas!



Yesterday (22nd April), marked Earth Day. A day which we show our support to help the planet and we are choosing to protect it. I thought, as it is the 50th one, I will let you all know what I am doing, and what my aims are. And hopefully this can help some of you if you are wanting to help more too. 

How am I doing my bit?

  • Plant based diet - I did Veganuary back in January 2019, and have since kept the diet the same. Have I ever slipped up? Yes, but I hope to be better as I follow the journey through. 
  • Coffee cup - I do not drink coffee, but I love to drink herbal teas. I have used my reusable coffee cup a few times now to buy tea, or to bring my own out somewhere. 
  • Water bottles - I have a fair few reusable bottles, which I have used a lot too. 
  • Metal straws - I loved buying these, I have used these so much. And they are rainbow coloured too. 
  • Buying less - I am trying my hardest to not buy anything that is unnecessary. So far, it is not going too bad. 
  • Avoid fast fashion - I am trying my best to shop second hand, I know it is still something I need to work on. 

What do I want to do better?

  • Try to improve on my slip ups - I have had a few slip ups when it comes to my plant based diet, and I really want to be better at it. I also know that it is part of the journey. 
  • Use less plastic - I have tried my best to buy food with no packaging and I have also started using a bamboo toothbrush, but I am still having some times where I have struggled. 
  • Fast fashion - I did say within this post that I am trying to buy second hand, but I am still buying from fast fashion. At least I have worn what I have bought a good few times now. 


So that is what I am doing and what I am trying to be better at. I feel like I will eventually get there, I will keep you all posted on this journey. 


xx

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.