PT Course Part 1: How the start has been and what I know so far


Hey everyone!


I thought it was about time that I started this little series all about my personal training course that I am doing right now, this week was week 3. I am so far enjoying, it is quite intense due to doing a lot of writing, which is something I struggle with due to me being dyslexic. The course lasts for 20 weeks, but we also have 3 weeks off (half term and Christmas). 

Week 1: 

For this week, it was for us to understand what to expect of the course. We learned that until Christmas, we will be learning all the knowledge side. This is all basically all about the body and what it can do. We learned that the first exam is on 5th November. This is a multiple choice exam. There are about 52/54 questions, and you need 70% to pass the test. 

We also did a gym induction while we were in our first session, this is important for us to know straight away. As I am a sports student, I have free unlimited use of the gym on site, which is great. 

We also did a mock test this week, this is to help see how we progress through the course. 

Week 2:

Last week, we learned about the skeleton, this was really fascinating as I have not learned anything about the skeleton since school. We did a group task in class in which we had someone who was a skeleton, and the rest of the group had to as many names of bones as they could, and then attach them to the skeleton. 

We also learned about the different types of joints that are in the body, this was interesting for me as there is a lot about the joints that I do not know of. I am thinking once I have passed the course, I will do some posts about the knowledge and what I have learned from the entire time. 

Week 3:

Due to being really unwell for this week, unfortunately, I was not able to get to my class this week. The good thing is however, my tutor has sent me notes from the class. As well as the slides from the lesson too, I am glad I will be able to catch up. This week (based on the slides that I have seen), it was about the muscles in the body. I will be printing the slides off this week and making notes as I am off work for a week after Friday. 


Hope you all like the update so far, I am really enjoying it and can not wait to see how I do in the exams. I shall be keeping you all update the further I go on the course. The end date for this course is 28th January. 


xx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.